Colombo, July 24 (NewsWire) – Sri Lanka records over 600 Covid deaths in last 15 days.
- There ve been over 600 Covid-19 related deaths in Sri Lanka within the past 15 days, according to health reports.
- The total number of deaths in last 15 days ending yesterday (23) was reported as 611, out of which 353 were men and 258 are females.
- It also has to be noted that 5 people under the age of 30 have died due to Covid-19 in the past 15 days.
- 147 people between the ages of 30 and 59 have died due to Covid-19 infection during that period.
- 459 deaths of people above the age of 60 have been reported in the past 15 days, according to health reports. Health officials also point out that older people continue to have a higher risk of death from Covid-19 related complications.
- According to the National Operation Center for Prevention of Covid-19 Outbreak, 4,002 Covid related deaths have been reported in the country so far.
- Out of these, 13 deaths were reported in the first wave, 596 in the second wave and 3,393 in the current third wave.