Colombo, July 16 (AdaDerana) – A fuel pass has been introduced to ensure a weekly fuel quota for motorists.
Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said that the ‘National Fuel Pass’ will guarantee a weekly fuel quota.
” A guaranteed weekly fuel quota will be allocated. 1 Vehicle per 1 NIC, QR code allocated once Vehicle Chassis number & details verified. 2 days of the week according to Last Digit of number plate for fueling with QR” Minister Kanchana Wijesekera announced.
“People can register now and we will let you know when it will be implemented”
Here are several important points that you need to know about the National Fuel Pass:
- Website : https://fuelpass.gov.lk/
- Guaranteed weekly quota for all types of private vehicles
- Applicable for All CPC and LIOC fuel stations Islandwide
- Not applicable/ No limitation of fuel for public transport ( Buses / Trains )
- Registration open for next few days.
- NIC/Passport No. / Business Registration No., Vehicle number & Chassis number mandatory
- Users will be informed once the fuel quota is ready
- 1 NIC/ Passport/ BRN – 1 Vehicle only
- Once fuel quota received, QR code to be produced at Fuel Pump. Either image or printed hard copy.
- System will show utilized / available fuel quota and expiry date
- An SMS will be received to registered mobile number once fuel pumped.
- Week’s fuel quota cannot be carried forward