Media Statement: Ministry of Energy
1. National Fuel Pass QR system will be effective from 1st August Island wide. Last Digit number plate system, Tokens & other systems that were in place will be invalid and the QR system & quota will be applied.
2. Fuel Distribution will be prioritized for Fuel Stations that has adopted to the QR system. The system will be monitored to check the number of users of QR from the stocks distributed to fuel stations.
3. Vehicles users not able to register with Chassis Number will be able to register with the Revenue License number from tomorrow.
4. Request all Three Wheelers to register with respective Police Station & to nominate the closest Fuel Station to them.
5. Request users of Generators, Garden Equipment, Machinery & other Equipment that require Fuel, to register at the respective Divisional Secretariats with the type of fuel required, Weekly fuel requirement & the choice of Fuel station.
6. Businesses with multiple vehicles can register all the vehicles with their Business Registration Number.
7. Public Transport will be given a priority. The fuel quota for buses will be allocated at CTB depots with the the quota decided by the route permit & the number of KMs in service.
8. CTB depots will also facilitate the Diesel fuel requirements of School Service Vehicles, Office Transport Vehicles, Industries, Tourism Sector, Ambulances & other essential services verified by the authorities.
9. Ambulances to be given a priority at all fuel stations & to be given the requested amount of fuel by them to refuel their vehicles.
10. Police Department will be given an allocated quota from selected fuel stations in each police division & will be communicated accordingly.
11. The public will be able to send photos or video evidence on WhatsApp, of illegal fuel stocking or sales activities to the number 0742123123. QR Access will be temporarily blocked for repeated offenders & legal action to be taken accordingly.
12. Request the public not to overcrowd the fuel stations on Monday it self, the whole week is available to get the allocated quota from fuel stations island wide.