Colombo, May 24 (newsin.asia) – Sri Lanka has announced an increase in fuel prices with effect from 3 am today (24).
Accordingly, the new fuel prices are as follows:
- Petrol Octane 92 – Rs. 420 per litre
- Petrol Octane 95 – Rs. 450 per litre
- Auto Diesel – Rs. 400 per litre
- Super Diesel – Rs. 445 per litre
Statement from Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekara
- Fuel Price will be revised from 3am today. Fuel pricing formula that was approved by the cabinet was applied to revise the prices. Price revision includes all costs incurred in importing, unloading, distribution to the stations and taxes. Profits not calculated and included.
- Cabinet also approved the revision of transportation and other service charges accordingly. The formula will be applied every fortnight or monthly. Request the Transport sector to discuss the revision of rates and not to disrupt transportation for the candidates sitting GCE O/L.
- Public sector workforce will be called to work on the direction of the head of the institute from today. Work from home will be encouraged to minimize the use of fuel and to manage the energy crisis.