Colombo, December 28 (newsin.asia) – The number of coronavirus patients detected in Sri Lanka crossed the 41,000 mark yesterday (27) as another 668 new cases had been detected within the day.
The total number of COVID-19 positive cases stands at 41,054 with 8,162 active cases across the island according to the Health Promotion Bureau. 32,701 cases have recovered so far.
Four COVID-19 related deaths were reported yesterday (27) according to the Department of Government Information which brings the total number of COVID-19 deaths recorded in the country to 191.
Ukrainian Budget Carrier, SkyUp Airlines will be operating a charter flight to Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (MRIA) today bringing the first group of tourists that will be staying in a travel bubble operated in Benthota, Koggala and Beruwela.
Isolation status from the following areas will be lifted from 5.00 am today (28) morning, Head of National Operations Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak (NOCPCO) Shavendra Silva stated.
– Dam Street, Keselwatta, and Maradana Police Divisions
– Slave Island Police Division: Wekanda, and Hunupitiya Grama Niladhari Divisions
– Mayura Place of Wellawatte Police Division
– Borella Police Division: Halgahawatta and Kalipulliwatta Grama Niladhari Divisions
– ‘Laksanda Sevana’ Housing Scheme of Wellampitiya Police Division
The following areas are newly declared isolated areas and the isolation orders will come into effect from 5.00 am today (28).
– Keselwatta Police Division: Aluthkade West and Aluthkade North Grama Niladhari Divisions
Areas declared as isolated in the remaining districts will continue to remain under isolation until further notice.