Jan 3 (IndiaToday) – Juan Jose, a Spanish resident, accidentally chewed the head of a dead rat along with vegetables and potatoes, mistaking it for an artichoke.
Jose returned home to cook frozen vegetables and potatoes and noticed a dark substance while serving it on a plate. He ate a spoonful of his meal, chewing something strange and crunchy.
According to a report published by the Independent, Jose saw two eyes looking at him from inside the meal and some whiskers, confirming it was a rat, not an artichoke. Jose has since filed a complaint against a French supermarket chain, from where the frozen vegetables were purchased on Christmas.
“We have contacted the manufacturer of the product and we are checking all the controls carried out on this product to make sure they are all correct. We will intensify checks of the manufacturers and ours and will inform the client at every stage,” the Independent quoted a supermarket spokesperson as saying.