Colombo, March 13 (Daily Mirror) – The Health Ministry yesterday said that there was a rise in the number of people who had sought treatment for flu-like symptoms at the designated hospitals within the past 48 hours, out of which many were released within a few hours.
However, 30 suspected patients had been warded and are currently under observation. The second patient who tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday is among the 30 who were under observation, an official from the Health Ministry said. The Health Ministry has urged the public not to panic but has requested those suffering from any flu-like symptoms to undergo self-quarantine at home and seek medical assistance if the symptoms worsen.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa urged for calm following the development of the COVID-19 virus in Sri Lanka saying recent decisions taken by the government were as a precautionary and preventive measure to keep all citizens safe. “If we all work together and stay calm, I am certain we can all get through this global crisis with minimal impact,” the Prime Minister said.