Colombo, April 21 (newsin.asia) – The death toll from the multiple blasts which ripped across Sri Lanka on Sunday has risen to 228 while over 450 have been injured.
The Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) in a statement said that 32 foreigners from China, Belgium, USA, and UK were among those killed.
The police have imposed an island-wide curfew which will stay indefinitely.
State Minister of Defence, Ruwan Wijewardene called Sunday’s attacks a “terrorist attack carried out by extremist groups”, and said a full investigation will be conducted to find out who was responsible for the attacks. He said 7 people have been arrested so far and the police are on the lookout for more suspects.
Police spokesperson Ruwan Gunasekera said the police were not able to divulge who was responsible for Sunday’s attacks till the full investigations are complete.