Colombo, January 20 (newsin.asia): The Portuguese Minister of Health, Marta Temido, clarifies matters relating to the virus COVID-19. Here is what she said:
1. We have to live with COVID 19 for months or years. Let’s not deny it or panic. Let’s not make our lives useless. Let’s learn to live with that fact.
2. You can’t destroy the COVID19 viruses that have penetrated cell walls by drinking gallons of hot water – you’re just going to the bathroom more often.
3. Washing your hands is the best method for your protection.
4. If you do not have a COVID19 patient at home, there is no need to disinfect your home surfaces.
5. Packed cargoes, gas pumps, shopping carts and ATMs do not cause infection. Wash your hands, live your life as usual.
6. COVID19 is not a foodborne infection. It is associated with infection drops like the flu. There is no demonstrated risk that COVID19 is transmitted through food.
7. You can lose your sense of smell with many allergies and viral infections. This is just a non-specific symptom of COVID19.
8. Once home, you don’t need to urgently change your clothes and shower! Purity is a virtue, paranoia is not!
9. The COVID19 virus is not in the air. This is a respiratory droplet infection that requires close contact.
10. The air is clean, you can walk through the gardens, through the parks, just avoid crowding.
11. It is sufficient to use normal soap against COVID19, not antibacterial soap. This is a virus, not a bacteria.
12. You don’t have to worry about your food orders. But you can heat everything in the microwave if you wish.
13. The chances of taking the COVID19 home with the shoes is like being struck by lightning twice a day. I’ve been working against viruses for 20 years – infections by droplets do not spread like that!
14. You cannot be protected from the virus by drinking vinegar, sugarcane juice and ginger! These are for immunity, not healing.
15. Wearing a mask for long periods interferes with breathing and oxygen levels. Only use it in a crowd.
16. Wearing gloves is also a bad idea; the virus can accumulate on the glove and be easily transmitted if you touch your face. Better to just wash your hands regularly.
17. Immunity is greatly weakened by always remaining in a sterile environment. Even if you eat immunity-boosting foods, regularly leave your house for any park/beach. Immunity is increased by exposure to pathogens, not by staying home and consuming fried/spicy/sweetened foods and carbonated beverages, and not engaging in physical activity.