- New Delhi, March 12 (newsin.asia): All existing visas, except diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas, stand suspended till 15th April 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13thMarch 2020 at the port of departure.
- Visas of all foreigners already in India remain valid. They may contact the nearest FRRO/FRO through e-FRRO module for extension/conversion of their visa or grant of any consular service if they choose to do so.
- Visa free travel facility granted to OCI card holders is kept in abeyance till April 15th 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13thMarch 2020 at the port of departure.
- Any foreign national who intends to travel to India for compelling reason may contact the nearest Indian Mission.
- All incoming travellers, including Indian nationals, arriving from or having visited China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, France, Spain and Germany after 15thFebruary, 2020 shall be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
- Incoming travellers, including Indian nationals, are advised to avoid non-essential travel and are informed that they can be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days on their arrival in India.
- Indian nationals are strongly advised to avoid all non-essential travel abroad. On their return, they can be subjected to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- International traffic through land borders will be restricted to Designated check posts with robust screening facilities. These will be notified separately by M/o Home Affairs.
COVID 19 Information
Sri Lanka has so far confirmed two cases of COVID-19. The first patient, a foreign national, is reported to have recovered and has departed Sri Lanka. The second patient is currently undergoing treatment.
For daily situation report on COVID-19 in Sri Lanka please click here (http://epid.gov.lk/web/index.php?lang=en )
- Quarantine Information:
- Sri Lanka has implemented mandatory quarantine for all travelers coming from or transiting through South Korea, Italy, or Iran starting from 10 March 2020.
- Passengers with a travel history to these countries in the last 14 days are also being kept under quarantine.
- Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Cruise ship passengers and crew will not be allowed to disembark. (effective 3 March 2020)
- On-arrival visa for tourists has been suspended until further notice.
- All travelers arriving in Sri Lanka, regardless of origin, must pass through temperature screening and fill out a health declaration.
For daily situation report on COVID -19 in India please click here (https://www.mohfw.gov.in/)
For Travel and Visa restrictions related to COVID 19 in India please click here (https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-travel-and-visa-restrictions-related-covid-19)