1) Stop Sinhalese colonization of Tamil homeland.
2) Bring Sri Lankan war criminals to face international justice.
3) Release all Tamil political prisoners.
4) Take immediate steps to conduct impartial, international investigation about the enforced disappeared.
5) Stop militarization of Tamil areas.
6) Take steps to resettle all those displaced due to the war in their original places.
This rally is titled “Eluga Thamil” (Arise Tamil). People joining the rally are to assemble in two points just outside the City and march to the esplanade for the massive rally, where several leaders will speak.
The former Northern Province Council Chief Minister Justice C.V. Wigneswaran is one of the three Joint Presidents of the Tamil People’s Council. Other joint presidents are Dr. P. Lakshman and Mr. Vasantharajah.
To support this rally in Jaffna, several rallies will be held on the same day in several cities around the world and before the UN Headquarters in New York and outside the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva.