Colombo, Oct 12 (newsin.asia) – Over 100 people working in a garment factory in Kandy, in Sri Lanka’s central hills, were rushed to hospital on Thursday after suffering from acute food poisoning, police said.
The employees had fallen ill after consuming their breakfast which was provided by the factory.
Employees had complained of stomach pains, discomfort and nausea soon after consuming the meals.
The employees were rushed to the Kandy General Hospital, police said.
Further investigations are underway.
The incident is the second to be reported this month as over 200 people working in another garment factory in the Central Hills were hospitalized on Oct 4 after suffering from acute food poisoning.
The employees had also fallen ill after consuming their morning meals.
(Pic Courtesy – Daily Mirror)